Since then, the company has grown with the city and through its many redevelopment campaigns.
By the 1920’s the company had become Stamford Iron and Steel Works on Canal Street, specializing in quality, custom steel and metal design, fabrication, erection and installation. The firm moved from Canal Street to its present location on Courtland Avenue in 1946.
Stamford Iron grew and prospered through quality, service, dependability and relationships for over forty years. In 1988, the original owners sold Stamford Iron and Steel Works to Tom Pettit Sr. and Joe Fuss Sr., both of whom had worked at the firm for several decades.
To adapt to changing customer needs, Stamford Iron has expanded operations beyond its structural steel roots to include specialty and ornamental steel design, fabrication and installation.